CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 22, 2010

Here's The Skinny.....

So today began the journey.  I woke up in time to actually weigh myself and the news is good.  According to my current weight, I actually need to lose between 110-115 lbs (not the 120 lbs previously believed).  So, I actually already feel like I am winning.  I guess if I keep telling myself this and this actually motivates me then that is all that matters.   On my way to work, I contemplated stopping for a large Diet Coke at McD's, but I knew I would never make it through the drive thru without ordering a delicious McMuffin, so I refrained.  I was able to refrain all day from unnecessary treats.  I even passed on some homemade ice cream my roommate made.

Tonight my friend Dan stopped by and asked me about my new quest.  I was so embarrassed my roommate Sarah told him about it.  I actually thought to myself for a half a second, "Ohh no, he's going to find out I am fat!"  As if the 100 lb blubber I was carrying around wasn't noticeable.  I was so embarrassed and told him I didnt want to talk about it.  I decided after a few mintues if I couldnt talk to him about it, how could I actually post my feelings to the world.

I feel like by making this journey, I will actually be honest with myself and everyone around me about my actual weight problem, and feelings.  I always make jokes about my weight to downplay my feelings, hopefully this will make me appreciate who I am.

0 comments: