CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 27, 2010

And the Journey Begins...............Again......

I started this blog last March as I was beginning my journey to lose weight.  I have had a few bumps on my "Journey," but I haven't given up.  After weight loss, a serious battle for survival (Cancer) by my roommate, weight gain, some good cries and a few Sausage McMuffins along the way, I have finally got the break I have so desperately waited for.  My roommate was getting married and I was about to get my life back to normal, and establish new patterns. I knew this was the perfect time to re-new (as Ramona RHNY would say), and clean out my cupboards and start fresh.  I saw that Good Things Utah was hosting a contest to pick the new MD Diet weight loss winner.  The winner would win a 12 week course of treatment at their diet center.  I never thought in a million years I would win it, but I felt like life was on my side.  I submitted my entry and included a copy of my blog.  I got back to normal in my chaotic life and finished the wedding plans for my roommates upcoming wedding.  On Saturday September 18th my roommate was married, and the last F-A-T picture of me was ever taken. 



I was so depressed that I had let myself get to where I had let myself get.  I was determined to lose 110 Lbs.  Leading up to the wedding I was self conscious of how I was going to look in the bridesmaid outfit, and when I was in the dressing room (two days before, because I was putting it off....who wants to try on clothes when you are fat) I vowed that as soon as the wedding was over I was going to change.  On Monday Sept 20th, I got the call I was not expecting to receive, and I could have been happier to get.  I had won the MD Diet makeover.  The only problem was that I was supposed to be on TV the next day to claim my prize.  I quickly calculated in my head how much weight I could lose in the next 20 hours if I didn't eat anything and sat in a sauna for 4 hours.  I soon came to my senses and realized that I won because I was over weight.  The next day I showed up at the Good Things Utah taping in one of my more slimming outfits (it was TV after all).  I met the doctor and was so excited.  I learned that at the end of the week I was supposed to go to the weight loss class and learn exactly just how fat I am....ugghhh

Although it is scary to learn how much weight you need to lose, it is very empowering.  I have tried A LOT of different thing and I have never been able to keep the weight off long term.  I am way excited to move forward and I cant wait to see what MD Diet has in store for me!

0 comments: