CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving and Cauliflower Potatoes....and Popcorn shhhhh!!!!!!

Ok, so last week I lost two lbs, and I am down a total of 24lbs.  This is good but not good enough.  I wanted to be down 30 lbs by Thanksgiving, and If I reached this landmark, then I was going to allow myself some pie, but alas I didn't make my goal.  this was also a big week since I am two thirds of the way done with the program.  When I went in for my appointment I was discouraged at only losing 2 lbs bit the nurse assured me that I was doing a good job, and warned me about not rewarding myself with food.  I thought this was interesting since in the past I always have.  She told me I should reward myself with a new pair of shoes, or a massage.  This was an interesting concept to me since in the past I have always rewarded myself with food.  This has always been my downward spiral.  I will diet diet, and lose lose lose, all the while telling myself as soon as I get to Mexico I am going to go crazy.  then I go on vacation, and go crazy, and never get back on the bandwagon.  I LOVE that this program was designed to teach you from the beginning how to keep the weight off.  This was especially helpful during Thanksgiving.  I made cauliflower potatoes and they were delicious.  I made sure to only eat a tiny bit of stuffing, and I ate it with my turkey to cancel it out.  all in all I would say my first holiday on this plan was a success since I didn't gain an ounce, I actually lost about 8 ounces, but I am only counting full lbs, so all in all I didn't gain.  Today when I went for my weigh in they said that traditionally people will gain a couple of lbs over the holiday, so to remain flat was a huge success, and I even got to eat some popcorn....shhhh don tell them!

0 comments: