CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 4, 2010

35 what........

So, I mentioned in my earlier post that would tell you what was on the little printout.  After my initial weigh in and the class I took on how everything works, I was supposed to hit the grocery store and begin my progress.  I decided to take one more day and hit it hard on Sunday.  I spent Saturday stocking up on all the treats (I use this word loosely since we all know I wasn't really buying treats) I would need for my three day cleanse.  I was very diligent to only get what was on list and not deviate at all.  I woke up on Sunday morning ready for my challenge.  I was sooo nervous that I would not be able to do it.  Sunday sailed past without any problems and it was soon Monday when I was supposed to report to the doctor and find out what I was supposed to do after my three day detox...boy was I in for a surprise.  I was initially weighed, and it turned out I had lost 4 Lbs in one day.....un-believable (or so I thought)...Dave, the PA handling my case pulled out the paperwork and started to go over everything they found out about my body composition.  This was to determine what I needed to do to lose all the weight and if I had any underlying thing that were going to be a problem.  The big news that shocked me then and still shocks me even as I type this is, that I had 35 LBS of extra (yes EXTRA) water weight (sooooo that was the 4 LBS).  I knew I used a lot of salt in my diet, but I was in shock that I had retained that much water.  My friend Diane has described me as salting my salt.  I put salt on everything, pizza, toast, salad, and even Bacon.  I never realized this could be such a huge mitigating factor on my weight (OK I guess I realized it, but I didn't want to hear it).  I guess the news isn't totally bad (glass half full people).  If I need to lose 97 LBS, and 35 of those are water, then if my calculations are correct I only need to lose 62LBS of fat...this is so much more doable.....I have never been more motivated than I was after this meeting.  The bad news is, they want me to stay on this detox for 14 days since I have soooo much water to lose...bummer cuz I want to widen my horizons with my food, but I am so happy with the results so far. 

0 comments: