CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Grocery Store

Sorry I am a little late on my post this week.  It has been a crazy week at work and home, and I am just now finding the time two days late to sit down and tell you about what has been going on.  The good news is I am still losing weight.  I am down another 3 lbs...that makes me down a total of 18 lbs.  Yeah.......My short term goal is to be down another two lbs at least this week, so I can hit the 20 lb threshold.  I always feel like you cant see it in me until I am at least down that much weight, but who knows.  I have been trying to work out this week and it is so hard with the weather change.  This morning it was 32 degrees when I woke up.....it might be time for a treadmill......

This week was a good week but a learning week.  I figured out the trick to this diet.  The grocery store.  I have a love hate relationship with the grocery store.  I love going and seeing all the treats and thinking of different things I can make & eat.  Since I have been doing this diet, I haven't been as excited to go, but this week was different.  I pre-planned my meals and shopped accordingly.  I made lettuce taco wraps.  I used iceberg lettuce as the shell, 97% lean beef, low fat sour cream a tiny bit of fresh salsa and low fat cheese.....it was delicious. 

I think the trick to this is preparing in advance, and having the proper groceries in your house.  The best way to approach this is to have basic list of fresh foods that are needed each week, and then getting a few specific items for meals.  This way you always have the proper foods and snacks on hand.  It makes it much harder to cheat, and less desirable.

Headed of for a long walk with my dog...I need to start burning these calories......

0 comments: